Pages

Friday, October 12, 2012

Fall Hostess Gifts

Oh, good!  You are still here!  After my absence of a week, I was hoping you would be waiting for me! My sister even called to make sure everything was okay since I had not done a blog post for a week.

Life has changed a bit as I am now working again.  I am serving as the Interim Nursery Director at our church while one of the employees takes care of some health issues and is back up to caring for her ministry.  It's fun, I love it!  I have been a Children's Director, but this is more focused on the Birth to 3 year old children and they are precious!

In addition, this past weekend, our dear friends Deanna and Ron came for a visit -- a long overdue visit!  It had been at least 30 years since we had seen them.  And, do you know what?  We took up where we had left off when we all started moving and having kids that required a lot of attention, etc.

We met when our sons were around 2.  They both have the same name.  Deanna and I became instant friends and were inseparable most of the time.  We did everything together that we could until they moved to another state.  We crafted together.  We gave parties together.  We shopped together.  We increased our families at the same time. We went to a Neil Diamond concert together. We even vacationed together. And our husbands enjoyed spending time together, too -- what could be better than that?

Deanna brought wonderful hostess gifts! I was just thrilled to get to spend time with them, but she brought these.

 
She made almost everything!
 
 
They look perfect under the Thanksgiving quilt that was also a gift from another friend.
 
 
Who knew you could make a pumpkin from folded scrap booking paper?
 
 
Is that not adorable?
 
 
And another pumpkin with scroll cut edges, a bird from Prague, and lovely silk rose that is a pen and a cute harlequin jack o' lantern.
 
 
Did you notice the bank money bag?  It will be a pillow eventually.
 
 
It all came in this gorgeous basket that Deanna made! Oh my!  This will be used for all the seasons!
 
 
But the best gift?  The gift of getting to spend time with a dear friend who greeted me with, "I was afraid I'd never get to see you again!"  And her parting words brought tears to my eyes as she said, "You are the best friend I've ever had!. "  What a precious gift is friendship!
 
Do you have special friends that you have not seen for a while?  Give yourself a treat and contact them.  You will be glad you did. Friends are the sisters we get to choose for ourselves.
 
 
xoxoXOXOxoxo
 
Lois
 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

Botanic Bleu said...

Good to see your blog again... How wonderful to get to spend time with friends.

Michele said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time with your friend. Your story inspired me to pick up the phone and call an old friend that I haven't seen in a long time. Best friends are the best.
Your display of the wonderful hostess gifts is beautiful. Every time you see one of the items you will think of your friend. I just love the Thanksgiving quilt that another of your friends made for you. It is such a happy quilt and incorporates all the great things of fall. Do you happen to know the source of the pattern? Michele