Pages

Monday, August 1, 2011

Blog on Fire


I was totally blown away to given the Blog on Fire Award by Katherine over at amateur librarian ! In fact, I didn't even know such an award existed!

It is so nice to see that people are actually reading about my quilts and other good things.

Apparently part of the challenge is to write seven random things about myself, so here goes:

  1. My favorite coffee is Starbucks.  We grind the beans ourselves at home so as to have a fresh pot of coffee.
  2. My favorite thing to do is make quilts -- no surprise there, right?
  3. I once got run over with my own car.  I know, hard to believe, but it CAN be done.
  4. My favorite book series are written by Joanne Fluke, Diane Mott Davidson, Sue Grafton and Tess Gerritsen.  There are others, but those are my faves.
  5. I'm always working on at least 3 projects (quilts) at a time.  Currently it is four.
  6. I'm a Midwest born girl.  I still miss it -- especially the change of seasons.
  7. We have 3 kids, 11 grand kids and 1 great grand child.  It's a wild time at holidays and ye, they will all fit in the house at once, it just takes at least 3 tables for a sit down meal!
Now, I get to give the award to others.  The suggestion is 10.  I probably do follow 10 blogs.  Many don't know who I am, but I do love their blogs and read them whenever I get a chance.

1.  Lorinda at News from Lorinda A friend for a long time. The author of Heartfelt Applique
2.  Jo at Joquilter Another long time friend who has a quilt shop in Bellevue, IA
3.  Bonnie at Bonnie B's Blog Yep, another long time friend who is a quilter and is the Show Director for the American Quilt Society shows.
4.  Bonnie at Quiltville's Quips & Snips This is Bonnie Hunter of Quiltville's blog.  I've never met Bonnie, but I know she would be a friend if we ever met.
5. Julie at JulieKquilts  I've only met July online, but I know we'd be fast friends if we ever meet in person.  She's a nurse and a wonderful quilter.

I'm sure if I thought about it I could come up with more to give the blog on fire award to.  Many of the blogs I read have already received awards for one thing or another.  I like the idea of bloggers giving awards to other bloggers who may or may not have a readership of thousands.

In fact I like the idea of friends giving other friends awards for just being who they are -- friends -- bloggy friends or not. So you , my friend, are awarded the Friend on Fire award just for stopping by!

Until next time,
Lois

No comments: