Pages

Friday, November 5, 2010

True quilt Story

Our granddaughter who is 5 and in Kindergarten asked her mother (our daughter) for permission to take her baby quilt to school for rest time.  Her mother told her no as she didn't want to have the quilt be on the floor of the classroom.  Later that day when our daughter  picked the kids up from school she noticed our granddaughter's backpack was bulging.  Upon opening it, she found the quilt.  Our daughter asked why H had taken the quilt to school when she'd been told not to.  H's answer, "But it's my special Grandma Lo quilt and I love it!  I had to take it."  That's when you want to hug em, right?

I've been thinking about teachers and how grateful I am that many have been in my  life -- good teachers!  Teachers who have inspired me to want to learn not just repeat back facts on tests to get a good grade.  First was my mom who often sent us to the dictionary to look up a word rather than tell us how to spell the word.  We learned a lot more from that than the spelling, of course.  She also taught us good values and to appreciate people, places and things.

I'm grateful to my first quilt teacher and the many who followed her.  I'm grateful for the students I've been privileged to teach since I learned as much from them as they learned from me, I'm sure.

Who are you grateful for?

No comments: