Pages

Monday, December 27, 2010

If You Go Into the Woods Today........

This was supposed to be my Christmas Greeting to you, but the time got away from me.  I started to post last week and all of a sudden Christmas had come and gone! 

Hope you had a Merry Christmas with family and friends.  I hope you remembered that we celebrate Jesus Birthday on Christmas Day.

This little quilt If you Go Into the Woods Today, Don't Forget Your Compass is only 18" square.  It was on the cover of my book, Pine Tree Quilts.  On the cover it appears to be rectangular, but it is not.  For those of you who are non quilters, the "compass" blocks are in the four corners.  They are 3" squares.  That's a lot of pieces of fabric in a 3" square.  Thank goodness for paper piecing.

It was fun to make and I think it is fun to look at.


I hope you enjoy looking at it. It really isn't as hard to make as it might look.  The borders are paper pieced as well.  For you non quilters, that means you have a drawn line to sew on that is printed on paper so you really can't mess up all those little points.

We now have a whole year minus a couple of days to prepare for next Christmas.  Maybe if I start now, I'll be ready on time.  Don't hold your breath, though!

Until next time,
Lois

1 comment:

Lorinda said...

I agree. It is a pretty little quilt. Hard to believe we wrote our books over 10 years ago. Where does time go?