Pages

Friday, May 24, 2013

E-Reader Cover for an Artist

Since you know that I write an article for the Quilters Quarterly magazine as I told you here, I thought I'd show you one of the past projects I did using one of the products that I tested.

Our granddaughter is an artist.  She is in high school, but she is truly talented.  Her drawings are amazing.  As with many artists she also likes to read.  Being a typical teen, an e-reader is easier to carry around than a book.  She had received one for her birthday, so I decided to make a cover for her using an artist theme.

 
The finished product closes with Velcro.  The narrow silver between the artists names is fusible ribbon. I like the way it separates the black from the bright colors.
 
 
When completely flat, you can see all of the artists names.  The black rectangle at the top is one half of the hook and loop tape. (Velcro) The other half is on the lining.
 
 
The lining is bright and happy, also.
 
 
It was fun adding "our" artist with those who have been famous for many years.
 
Our artist will be famous someday as well.
 
Have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend!
 
xoxoXOXOxoxo
 
Lois
 
 
 

1 comment:

Botanic Bleu said...

What a perfect present for your granddaughter. It is absolutely gorgeous! Sounds like your granddaughter artist takes after her grandmother's artistic talent.

Judith