Pages

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Nancy's Pillows

My friend, Nancy, is married to the Senior Pastor at our church.  Nancy and I have been friends now for 25 years.  I know this because her husband is celebrating 25 years as the Senior Pastor this month.  He is a great pastor and they are good friends.  At one time, the church staff consisted of Roger as Pastor, Nancy as Administrative Assistant and me as the Director of Children's Ministries.  We had a great time working together and have many happy memories from the past 25 years. And the church staff now consists of enough Pastors and support people to serve a congregation with a weekly attendance of between 2,500 and 3,000. Quite a change from the 100 or so of 25 years ago!

Right now Nancy and Roger are in Hawaii to celebrate their 25 years.  On one of their last visits to Hawaii, Nancy picked up some fabric and asked me to make a couple of pillows for her.

I have not seen the pillows in their home yet, but photographed them before giving them to her.

 
Don't you just love the vintage feel of the palms on this fabric?  It reminds me of the bark cloth from the 1940's that I have seen in old photos.

 
The pillows are cut from different locations on the fabric so that they are not identical.  I do like the random placement of the palm fronds on the pillows.
 
 
 
 
The best part is that Nancy loves them!  It is so much fun doing something like this for someone who does not sew. Pillows are really simple to make, but don't tell Nancy!
 
Maybe Nancy will visit the fabric shops again and bring more wonderful, tropical fabric home.  I'm hoping that they are having a wonderful, relaxing time seeing the sites and lounging on the beach.  Thank you Nancy and Roger for 25 wonderful years of ministry!
 
 
Until next time,
 
xoxoXOXOxoxo
 
Lois
 








1 comment:

Botanic Bleu said...

The pillows are wonderful reminders of Hawaii. You are such a good friend to make them for her. I hope they are enjoying Hawaii again, also.

Have a wonderful Mother's Day.

Judith