Pages

Friday, June 10, 2011

Quilting Quarterly -- Summer Issue

I was all set to blog about the back art for Jeff's quilt, BUT, this came in the mail yesterday!


If you are a National Quilting Association member, you will recognize this as the cover of the Summer Issue of the Quilting Quarterly, the member magazine.  If you are not a member, please accept my invitation to go to the NQA web site at www.nqaquilts.org to see how to join!

The reason I was so excited to see this particular issue is that inside it is this.



This is my Blue Skies and Sunshine quilt and pattern in this issue of the QQ.  This quilt is based on the traditional Jacob's Ladder block with a 4-patch border in my favorite colors -- Blue and Yellow!  The name came from the fact that every time I worked on this quilt I kept humming the song about blue skies and sunshine which is what we normally have in Arizona!  To me, this is a happy quilt.



Here it is on my bed.  It makes me smile!




It looks nice draped over this old pew, too.  The old pew is from the church I grew up in.  I was lucky enough to get one when the church bought new ones.

This quilt has back art, too.  I'll show you that when I do blog about the back art on Jeff's quilt.

Next week I'll be at the 42nd NQA Quilt Show in Columbus, OH.  If you are going look for me in the Membership Booth or Registration Booth or on Friday morning demonstrating half square triangles in the Medley.  If you are a member, I will also be at the annual meeting.  If you are not a member, we can take care of that, too, since I'm the Member Services Chairperson for the NQA.  Hope to see you there -- I'm so excited I can hardly sit still!

Until next time,
Lois


5 comments:

JoQuilter said...

My issue came yesterday, too. That must be the reason I didn't get very much accomplished yesterday. Too busy looking! Yes, I saw your quilt, it's beautiful. Then I started imagining how I would make it. First I would change the dark blue to a dark purple or burgundy, etc. . . . Isn't it fun to dream.

Have fun in Ohio, I wish I were there with you.

julieQ said...

How very exciting, Lois!! I am so glad for you...it may be old hat for you, but I am thrilled about seeing this quilt published...how cool! Love the quilt, by the way!

From the Kitchen said...

I'm so glad you stopped by my blog. It brought me to your lovely quilts. I am not a quilter. I am a quilt lover and grew up sleeping under one very special one--a security quilt. It was a crazy quilt with a dark maroon flannel backing. It was always a comfort!!

Best,
Bonnie

Lorinda said...

Congratulations! The quilt is really pretty. What color would I make it? That would take some thinking. For some reason I always see Jacobs ladder in browns and oranges and those definately aren't my colors. Perhaps red and green. I need to joing NQA! Wouldn't it be fun to be altogether again anywhere.

Lois Arnold said...

I'm glad you liked Blue Skies and Sunshine. I'm also glad you would all make it a different color. It would be a boring world if we all used the same fabrics and colors!

Yes, Lorinda, join NQA, it would be great for us to all go to the same show once in a while.

July, I still am thrilled when my quilts get published. I don't think that will ever change. I think Sally Field said it best at the Oscars many years ago when she said, "You guys like me!"