Pages

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

A Sew Day, Finally!

When quilting friends get together to sew, it's the most fun ever!  When those friends don't see each other often, it is even MORE fun.  We exchange fabrics, books, stories and ideas!

We even sew!



Diane wasn't set up to sew yet and Joyce had to take a phone call.  Phones, we love them, we hate them!  Pardon the glare on Diane's glasses -- she was facing the Arcadia door and it was sunny!  Perfect light for sewing!





Joyce had her little Featherweight out to chain piece.





Here is the packet of Fall fabrics I brought for Joyce and a bag of 1-1/2" strips for her Lego quilt and some "sister" fabric I had promised her a long time ago.





Diane found this Maxine fabric in Long Beach when she went to Quilt Festival there.  She brought us each a piece of it.





My neutrals were already in my "ready basket" with the other fabrics I brought just in case I decided to cut instead of sew.





Joyce was set up for her chain piecing with her Fall fabrics from Diane close by.  There was a LOT of fabric fondling going on!  We LOVE fabric!





And we did sew and sew and sew!





Diane was making these blocks.




Here is a sneak peak at Joyce's Lego quilt.  That's why she wanted more 1-1/2" strips.  What a lot of strips it will take!




And here is where I was when I wasn't behind the camera -- sewing the stacked brick strips to red sashing strips.





We had a few snacks and CostCo Joyce made a delicious chicken salad with croissant for lunch.  We had REAL tomatoes from a REAL garden that were sooooooo good!

Unfortunately all good things must come to an end and I had to leave to go buy groceries.  I sure hope it isn't as long in between sew days from now on.  We are all busy and these days don't happen very often.  Next time, maybe you can come!

Don't you just LOVE getting together with quilting friends to sew?  I know I do!

xoxoXOXO

Lois

4 comments:

julieQ said...

Looks like so much fun! Love all the projects, and the cookies and goodies...yum!! It is fun to put faces with names!

Lois Arnold said...

Julie, it was fun! We always have a good time when we are together. The food was good, too!

Bonnie B - The Quilting Tangler said...

Oh, my, I want to have a sew day with all of you. Miss our times we spent sewing together Lois. Like you, now I have to make time to sew. Such busy gals. Hugs. Bonnie B

Lois Arnold said...

Oh, yes, Bonnie! I would love to have a sew day with you again. We spent many good hours over machines and handwork! Maybe someday we'll have time again! Of course there is that whole thing of living in different states now!