Pages

Friday, May 4, 2012

Ottoman Slipcover

Don't you  love it when a plan comes together?  I showed you the early preparations on making the slip cover for the ottoman here.  Yesterday I finished the sewing AND fixed my serger so that the seams would be neat and not ravel.  The serger makes the finished seams so much nicer than just zig zag stitching over them.

Here are a few photos of the process.


The cording is pinned on ready for the skirt to be added.  I really did like the Monet like fabric when the ottoman was new, but later decided white was the way to go.


Keeping the zipper foot close to the cording is important.  I have a few places I think I'll go back and tighten a bit.


And we are ready for tea and lemon pound cake.  It was delicious!


Ahh....... tea and the latest Romantic Homes magazine - pure bliss!


Yep, this is the life!


Nice little pleats on the corners.  oops, need to pull it down a bit, there is a wrinkle.  Well, I have a few of those as well!


Now you can see the whole striped top.


Love those stripes!

Hope you like the ottoman redo. 

Maybe I'll share the lemon pound cake recipe another day.

XOXO
Lois



I'm sharing with French Country Cottage Feathered Nest Friday




1 comment:

Jane said...

I came across your site when I googled for "how to sew an ottoman slipcover with pleats" and I want to tell you that your slipcover stood out as the nicest and best quality. It gives me hope that maybe I will be able to sew something so nice (It was disappointing to see the not as good quality of some other bloggers)

I have bought a sewing machine but have not opened it yet. I haven't used a sewing machine since home economics class in middle school! But, you give me hope that beautiful things can be accomplished, and I just want to let you know that.

Jane
Honolulu, HI