Pages

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Chocolat Pillows

One of the reasons I did not post a lot before Christmas was that I was busy making some of the Christmas gifts.

Today I'm sharing the Chocolat pillows that I made for our daughter Beth.  She has a suede brown sofa and she really likes chocolate -- especially dark chocolate.  I'm a milk chocolate girl myself, but that's okay!


There are two of these pillows.  The one in back shows the back side of the pillow.  Both have the Chocolat on the front.

The graphic is from the Graphics Fairy who has an amazing variety of graphics available for use!  This one is displayed both in reverse for use with transfer paper and the correct way for just printing.  All I did for these pillows was to print the image in the size I needed on t-shirt transfer paper from Avery for light fabrics and ironed it on Osnaburg fabric.  Easy, peasy!  Just make sure to check that the image has transferred before removing the backing.

For the back, I went to the local Jo Ann's fabrics looking for a blue and white ticking, but instead found this wonderful brown "zebra" print.  The brown used for the cording was already in my stash.  The pillow forms are from Jo Ann's as well.  I did put a zipper in the back so that the covers could be removed for cleaning.  For that I cut two pieces of the backing, attached the zipper with a zipper foot and then cut the rectangle the same length as the front fabric.  When I make another of these pillows, I'll do a real tutorial with all of the steps in case making pillows isn't on your list of accomplishments.  They really are NOT hard to do!

Here is a closer look at the French Chocolat label on the front of the pillow.



Sorry this photo is a little dark.  I have a new Photo Shop Elements version and haven't quite learned how it works yet.  I jumped about 8 versions so there are differences!  Once I've learned this one, I'm sure I'll like it better than the old version 2 that I've used for YEARS!


Later I'll share the subway art that I did for Gary.  It was a first for me, so I learned a LOT about what to do and more importantly what I'll do differently the next time.


Guess it is really time to take down the Christmas decorations, but I'm not ready yet.  Yes, I am procrastinating as I like them up until New Years and then I wipe the slate clean so I have a few more days to enjoy the Winter Wonderland musical theme.

xoxoXOXOxoxo,

Lois

             and The Graphics Fairy Brag Monday

5 comments:

julieQ said...

Wonderful pillow!! enjoy your decor...

Lois Arnold said...

Thank you, Julie. Beth likes the pillows, too.

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Beautiful pillow!TFS.
XO Marie

Lois Arnold said...

Thank you, Marie!

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Beautiful~ thank you for linking up at Feathered Nest Friday!