Pages

Monday, April 16, 2012

Saw Tooth Star Sash & Le Lapin

Hello Friends!

This past week has been a busy one for some reason.

I found fabric for the sashes on the Saw Tooth Star and though it is not what I wanted, it is fine.  I really liked the one I told you about before, but it just wasn't available anywhere.  Such is life!

Lately things have been like that, but that's another story.

Here are the blocks with some of the sashes attached (upper left diagonal rows) and the rest are just on the design wall.


Ignore the black strip on the left -- that is another quilt.  Oh, and the corner of the Scrabble game, too.  That isn't supposed to even be in this room!

Tomorrow is a sew day and I'll be working on the setting triangles.  I think they will be string pieced, but I haven't checked out whether or not I will like it.  Sometimes design as you go works and sometimes, not so much!

Just before Easter I saw a pillow on Confessions of a Plate Addict.  I just love this blog!  I had also seen the same pillows that Debra used as her inspiration and had tucked them away for later, but she beat me to it.  Once I saw hers, I wanted to do one in the worst way. Here is the result.


For the cobalt blue square around the outside, I taped off  a 1/4" space and used a blue sharpie to fill it in, but not too heavily.  The fabric is twill so the result looks almost like a denim strip was set in.  My daughter even felt it because she thought that was what I had done.  The rabbit (le lapin in French) was printed on transfer paper and ironed on.  Next I want to do le moulin -- a sheep.

I'm looking forward to a sew day tomorrow.  Today didn't go as planned so far, so I need to spend some time with friends, fabric and my machine.

xoxoXOXOxoxo

Lois



1 comment:

julieQ said...

Oh, I do like that sashing!!! You do such gorgeous work!!