Pages

Friday, July 20, 2012

Pastel Logs Option 2

I know, two posts in one day! That's a first!  But, Jo asked to see another option, so here is option 2 for Pastel Logs.  I think I like this one better than option 1.  What do you think? 


In this option, the green and purple blocks had to "help out" the blue ones to make their rows of the barn raising pattern.  Just goes to prove that value is far more important than color in a scrap quilt!

I've only made one other log cabin using this setting and I gave it away and apparently did not take any photos of it.  It was a true scrap quilt in that it used many different colors.

I've made two using the straight furrow setting -- at least that are quilted.  I have another straight furrow log cabin that is waiting to be quilted.  I told you about those here and here.  Lincoln Logs was made for my mother-in-law and does have a piano key border which I will probably do for this one too -- or not.  The jury is out on that yet.

What do you think?  Option 1 or Option 2?  You vote, OK?

xoxoXOXOxoxo

Lois

2 comments:

Lois Arnold said...

Joyce weighed in via e-mail and Option 2 has her vote and mine. This is actually the setting I originally had in mind. Keep those votes coming in!

JoQuilter said...

And Jo is saying #2. Looks wonderful. I have always wanted a pastel quilt, hint, hint!