Pages

Monday, July 30, 2012

Everything's Coming Up Roses!

When the kids were little, our house seemed to be the hangout for our friends.  I think when you have three little kids as close together as we did, people would rather come to your house where your kids have all their needs.  As a result, we hosted a lot of parties and casual gatherings.  One of the things I liked to do was to have fresh flowers.  Usually I bought a bouquet at the grocery store and they lasted quite a while.  I've gotten out of the habit of buying flowers, though I sometimes cut some bougainvillea from one our bushes and put them in a mason jar.  Love that simple look!  But, the grocery store I usually go to had a sale on roses this week with two dozen roses in each bundle and I just could not resist.


The white ones are my favorite.


White roses are just elegant.


Soft and feminine!


They even look great in a simple, every day setting.


The second dozen were a lovely red.


They matched the cherry turnovers - aren't they lovely?


Red roses makes everything festive and romantic, too!


Beautiful flowers inside - pouring rain outside.  This was yesterday! It rained hard and fast.


Too hard and too fast.  This is our covered patio -- flooded!  The cushions got soaked and I think ruined!  I will have to replace them.


The wind blew over the flower pots.  These are just by the sliding glass door into the kitchen.  Another inch and the water would have been in the kitchen, too.  You can see the edge of the door frame on the lower right of this photo.  That's a lot of water! It's monsoon time in the desert!

At least inside, there were lovely roses and it was cozy.

Hope you are having a day filled with roses!

xoxoXOXOxoxo

Lois

Joining A Return to Loveliness linky party







No comments: